Altex Energy is a crude oil transportation company that provides customers with infrastructure alternatives to pipelines. Altex provides medium to long term contracts to customers and producers to transport crude oil from our terminals to refineries and other markets via rail car. Altex partners with Canadian National Railway to provide a full service system to manage the loading, transportation, regulatory reporting and logistics of shipping crude oil and diluent using efficient systems and cost effective methods to manage the product to market.
Altex operates primarily in Alberta and Saskatchewan with an aggressive growth plan to continue to build and operate terminals to handle crude oil products for customers in Canada and the US.
Due to the recent growth in this area as a result of producer demand, infrastructure limitations in the pipeline sector and the growing dominance of oil being transported to refineries by rail. Altex is seeking a Service Delivery Representative to join the Corporate Development function in Calgary, Alberta.
Reporting directly to the Logistics Manager, this individual will be part of a team that is responsible for reviewing the accuracy and completeness of data received from the rail car loading terminals located in Alberta and Saskatchewan. This position works very closely with our field management and staff in managing customer accounts and providing exceptional customer service.
Accountabilities for this role include;
- Responsible for the review of all data input from the rail car loading terminals, ensuring information input into the application system is complete, timely and accurate.
- Responsible for daily updates and distribution of the Fleet status reports, handling daily releasing and ordering of rail cars
- Strong focus on building and maintaining customer relations
- Responsible for the monthly reporting requirements to clients, regulatory boards and management
- Responsible for the monthly production accounting reports and distribution
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in business or accounting an asset, but not required
- Previous experience in oil and gas industry, accounting and/or production accounting an asset
- Microsoft Office programs, solid working knowledge in Excel
Competencies and Attributes:
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Enthusiastic learner and able to quickly grasp new business applications
- Business Maturity
- Ability to problem solve
- Demonstration of independent thinking
- Exceptional judgment
- Collaborative nature and ability to work as part of a team
Some travel required in this role, up to 25% of the time is required for this position
We offer a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary, short term and long term incentives.
Interested candidates should send their resume to: