Altex Energy is a crude oil transportation company that provides customers with infrastructure alternatives to pipelines. Altex provides medium to long term contracts to customers and producers to transport crude oil from our terminals to refineries and other markets via rail car. Altex partners with Canadian National Railway to provide a full service system to manage the loading, transportation, regulatory reporting and logistics of shipping crude oil and diluent using efficient systems and cost effective methods to manage the product to market.
Altex operates primarily in Alberta and Saskatchewan with an aggressive growth plan to continue to build and operate terminals to handle crude oil products for customers in Canada and the US.
Due to the recent growth in this area as a result of producer demand, infrastructure limitations in the pipeline sector and the growing dominance of oil being transported to refineries by rail. Altex is seeking a Manager Logistic & Service Delivery to join the Corporate Development function.
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Development. and in collaboration with the Business Development, Sales, Marketing and Operations functions this role will be accountable to perform the following:
- Direct, manage and coordinate logistics, transportation, cross border customs documentation, production accounting and customer service activities.
- Lead and direct strategic planning for logistics and customer service.
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
- Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.
- Monitor, review and direct all inventory management, production accounting and regulatory reporting across all government and customer bodies along with responsibility for its accuracy.
- Design, implement and manage rail logistics software, its interface internally and externally and oversee its integration with various company systems.
- Provide consistent and ongoing logistics data to executive level employees for review and implementation.
- Serve as liaison to Customer teams to develop systems solutions (requirements, user testing, etc.) to support logistics programs.
- Manages the supply of logistics-related data to support customers in the day-to-day general areas of engineering, supply, configuration management, technical requirements identification, installation and maintenance of equipment, safety and documentation development and maintenance. Investigates potential risk and other matters of significance, and provides and implements solutions.
- Selects and hires employees. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees.
- Responsible for the strategic and operational planning of Customer logistics operations.
- Manage on-going partner relationships.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics, Marketing, Accounting or a related field.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- A proven track record with 8-10 years of progressive experience in Logistics Management and customer service.
- Previous experience in oil and gas, transportation, or logistics management in a small to mid-size company would be preferable.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for the transportation of dangerous goods, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Experience leading, developing and managing teams.
Competencies & Attributes
- Ability to foster internal relationships with Senior Executives and other groups such as Business Development, Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Field Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and manage relationships externally across the energy and rail transportation industries.
- Highly analytical with the ability to complete reports to demonstrate crude volumes, and shipper/customer commitments.
- Ability to determine proactive solutions to increase the volume of crude being delivered to Terminals for shipping purposes
- Ability to troubleshoot challenging situations and develop win - win solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and the general use of computers as an aid to deliver on results.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Demonstrates superior judgment in dealing with customer, employee and organizational challenges.
- Demonstrates a high level of positive energy and is self-motivated with unquestionable ethics and integrity.
- Results oriented with an ability to respond to rapid growth.
- Possess a team-centric approach that is supportive and encouraging.
- Demonstrates collaborative behaviours.
- Effective at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Demonstration of tenacity and ability to be assertive depending on the customer and situation.
- Ability to understand the business, data and make recommendations or decisions based on all factors.
15% travel may be required
We offer a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary, short term and long term incentives.
Interested candidates should send their resume to: