Altex Energy has Field Administrator openings in the following locations:
Fort McMurray, AB
Altex Energy is a crude oil transportation company that provides customers with infrastructure alternatives to pipelines. Altex provides medium to long term contracts to customers and producers to transport crude oil from our terminals to refineries and other markets via rail car. Altex partners with Canadian National Railway to provide a full service system to manage the loading, transportation, regulatory reporting and logistics of shipping crude oil and diluent using efficient systems and cost effective methods to manage the product to market.
Altex operates primarily in Alberta and Saskatchewan with an aggressive growth plan to continue to build and operate terminals to handle crude oil products for customers in Canada and the US.
Reporting to the Site Manager, this role will be accountable to perform the following:
- Check incoming inventory for rail cars ensuring all requested rail cars are on site and verify that loaded rail cars have been picked as per the switch confirmation requests. Report any discrepancies to the Logistics team Calgary.
- Collect and enter all truck ticket information for incoming and outgoing trucks arriving and leaving site.
- Lab Testing, testing oil samples of all incoming truck loads, recording of density and volumes and H2s to ensure loads are within the specified guidelines for acceptance on the site.
- Monitoring and recording of tank levels inclusive of oil temperature, H2S, flashpoint and volumes.
- Accurate and timely input of relevant data into the geometrics system, inclusive of all truck tickets, testing and rail car information.
- Working closely with the Calgary Logistics team and the suppliers, producers and the site manager in managing the monthly nominations and calling dispatchers as required to facilitate oil deliveries to the site.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
Education and Experience
- Minimum of Grade 12, Post-Secondary education an asset
- Experience in the oil industry and/or rail experience an asset
- Proficient in MS Office, emphasis on Word, Excel, and Outlook
Competencies & Attributes
- Exudes a high level of positive energy and is self-motivated, can work independently with minimal supervision and is a good team player.
- Has a very high regard for safety in the workplace, and has a strong commitment to operational policies and procedures.
- Is willing to work in all weather conditions year round, in extreme heat and cold winter weather.
- Must pass all required courses, inclusive of H2S, First Aid training, TDG and pass an Erail criminal background check.
We offer a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary, short term and long term incentives.
Interested candidates should send their resume to: