Altex Energy has Rail Car Loader openings in the following locations:
Fort McMurray, AB
Altex Energy is a crude oil transportation company that provides customers with infrastructure alternatives to pipelines. Altex provides medium to long term contracts to customers and producers to transport crude oil from our terminals to refineries and other markets via rail car. Altex partners with Canadian National Railway to provide a full service system to manage the loading, transportation, regulatory reporting and logistics of shipping crude oil and diluent using efficient systems and cost effective methods to manage the product to market.
Altex operates primarily in Alberta and Saskatchewan with an aggressive growth plan to continue to build and operate terminals to handle crude oil products for customers in Canada and the US.
Reporting to the Site Manager, this role will be accountable to perform the following:
- Inspect and prepare rail cars for loading.
- Load rail cars with crude oil, following all safety procedures and ensuring the rail car is properly sealed and ready for transport.
- Assist with the movement and placement of rail cars on site.
- General maintenance duties as assigned; may involve yard maintenance, snow removal and basic facility and equipment repairs and clean up.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
Education and Experience
- Minimum of Grade 12, Post-Secondary education an asset
- Microsoft computer experience is required
- Experience in the oil industry and/or rail experience an asset
Competencies & Attributes
- Exudes a high level of positive energy and is self-motivated, can work independently with minimal supervision and is a good team player.
- Has a very high regard for safety in the workplace, and has a strong commitment to operational policies and procedures.
- Is willing to work in all weather conditions year round, in extreme heat and cold winter weather.
- Able to complete the physical aspects of job, heavy lifting, climbing stairs, crawling under rail cars, etc.
- Must pass all required courses, inclusive of H2S, First Aid training, TDG and pass an Erail criminal background check.
We offer a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary, short term and long term incentives.
Interested candidates should send their resume to: